Monday, February 20, 2012

Never seemed more apt...

Wow. Pulling up this blog for the first time in months and the title really rings true. It all has changed. I have two handsome, healthy, happy and loving boys. A loving husband, and a Heavenly Father who loves me and wants what is best for me and my family.

Bug loves his little brother and is constantly looking out for him. While that sometimes requires the "Worry about yourself, Mama will take care of Buddy Blue." he means well. His vocabulary is increasing by leaps and bounds and as such so is his ability to communicate. Buddy Blue's name changes with what he is wearing, ie: Buddy Red, Buddy Green, Buddy Black, ect. The way he plays with his imagination is hilarious, and he still likes to cuddle.

Buddy Blue has defied all medical odds and is trying to walk. He loves to push Bug's buttons, and thinks being told "No" is the funniest thing in the world. The temper has developed and he isn't afraid to throw and all out tantrum if he isn't getting what he wants. I have already had to start with time outs for him. But there isn't a thing I would change about him.

Hubby has finally been promoted. WHEWW!!! It has been two long years in the making and couldn't have come at a better time. I love how hard working my husband is and all the sacrifices he has and still is willing to make for our family. He is the love of my life and I would be lost without him.

Birth control sucks. Period. All forms. The last birth control I was on was causing me to have a period every 10-14 days. NO THANK YOU! It was horrendous, not to mention the cost of all the tampons and PMS meds. I basically told hubby in January that I wasn't going to refill the prescription and it was up to him to prevent a pregnancy. I guess I didn't make it clear enough that I was done, because, three weeks after my last period, he freaked out when he realized that I hadn't been on any birth control. I wasn't to worried because he was hardly home enough for anything like that to happen. We had talked about having another baby after he was promoted and we got some bills paid down, and I lost the rest of the last two babies weight. I had been trying to use the calendar and basal body temp method of birth control. Throw into the mix the misery of condoms, and low and behold, my period was four days late. Again, I didn't think too much of it because, I was just coming off of hormonal birth control and I knew it would take a few cycles to get back to normal. Besides, I finally started bleeding the day before Valentines. BUT, it wasn't heavy enough, I wasn't cramping like I usually do, and it just didn't feel like a normal period. I had restarted the HCG drops so I thought that was the reason, but just to be safe, I took a pregnancy test. The faintest of lines showed up. I couldn't hardly tell it was there. I didn't feel pregnant, and with both Bug and Buddy Blue, I knew I was pregnant. I could feel it. Nothing this time. Just constantly feeling exhausted. (Again, I had an explanation for that also, two kids with bronchitis aren't sleeping at night). On Thursday my sciatic nerve started acting up, and on Friday, I thought I was having a heart attack, really ended up being a bad case of angina. Saturday the smell of garlic really started to bother me, and Sunday I could hardly walk my hip/leg/knee were hurting so bad. Pregnancy with Bug: spells of dizziness and the occasional heart pangs. Pregnancy with Buddy Blue, let just say I had to quit wearing heels (super sad day). Both pregnancies, I developed a Super Sniffer. If you want to get all technical about it, yeah, all the signs are there, but Hubby and I were in denial. So, stop the drops, say adios to the beloved Diet Coke as a precaution, and take another test in a week.

Bet you can't guess what the result of that one was.

Yep, I'm pregnant. Crap. Feeling kind of freaked out. Didn't want to tell anyone. Keep it a secret and maybe it will go away until I am ready. But no, Hubby let the cat out of the bag first thing in the morning. Tell the whole world, shout it from the top of buildings and mountains. (Personally, I think he is more excited than I am). My announcement, a text to family with my new cell number and a pic of the latest test saying "Guess what!!!"

Don't get me wrong, I do want this baby, and I am doing everything I can to ensure that s/he will be healthy, but three scares me. I only have two hands. And I DON'T WANT ANOTHER C-SECTION!!! Those are really my only hang ups. I know everything will be ok going from two kids to three. If Heavenly Father hadn't intended for us to have families ie: "multiply and replenish the earth", we wouldn't have more than one baby. That and I firmly believe that large family are IN GENERAL, better for children. (I am not saying that all large families are ideal situations for kids, but for the most part, kids from larger families tend to do better in life and thrive in childhood. Also not saying that small families are bad either. Just saying.)

Anyway, I am pregnant for the third time, and I'm kind of paranoid. But everything is going to be ok. We knew a while back that we had another spirit that was ANXIOUS to get here. I almost had the feeling that she is impatient and didn't understand what the hold up was. I'm excited to welcome this new addition into our family, names are currently being veto'ed left and right. Bug and Buddy Blue came so easily, but this time around, nothing seems quite right. Maybe when we find out in June the gender, that will make it easier to find the perfect fit. Hey, half of the contenders will be eliminated if nothing else. But I have now put it out there for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment