Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Clock is Lying!

I wish it was, anyway. I must be out of my mind. It is approaching 3am and I am still awake. This is probably why I am so tired durning the day. Duh. Since Hubby has to get up in an hour to get ready for work, I think I will just stay up until he leaves. I might do something productive, like unload the dishwasher, get my large backside on the treadmill and earn my TV time. (I'm trying to loose 50 lbs by my birthday, and I was doing great until today. Stupid Chocolate) There are four baskets of laundry to fold, that is probably what I will do. Blah.

We started potty training Bug today. Only two accidents! But no poops. I've been told that one is the hardest to do. My hope is that since he is almost 3 (I know, I wanted to start this a year ago) and he doesn't like being dirty, it won't be too hard. Keeping my fingers crossed. Now I just need to work on his eating habits and the deficit in vocabulary. I'm starting to get really worried about it. Right now his vocabulary is about that of an 18 month old. He can say individual words, but not very many, and he doesn't string scentances together like most other children his age. ECI is coming tomorrow for Buddy Blue, I will see if they have any suggestions. Hubby won't like that, but I don't know what to do. This isn't normal.

We already had a nice little discussion (argument ending in my "I'm done talking about this" again) about the term "Special Needs". I don't know why he is so resistant to accepting the fact that Buddy Blue has special needs. There is nothing wrong with that. He is a beautiful, happy baby who seems to be developing normally. We just have to be careful about things that we didn't have to worry about with Bug, and he is going to need more specialized care as he grows. We have both noticed that he doesn't respond to touch on his right foot like he does on the left. He also always keeps the toes on that foot curled up. I can uncurl them for him, but he doesn't spread them and wiggle them like he will on his left foot. But he does have good muscle tone in his leg and ankle. I will have to mention it to the doctors at the spina bifida clinic.

I have less than two months before I go back to see my family. I AM SO EXCITED!!! I havn't seen my family in almost two years and it is way past time. Off to the laundry now. Lucky me.

No comments:

Post a Comment