Wednesday, August 26, 2009

I never thought I'd say it.

Well, I've seen a few cockroaches, and even though they are ultra mega gross, and creepy, as long as I'm quick with my lovely "Death to the Nasty Creepies" spray (which is $4 more here at the local Wally World than it was in Armpit, ID) they die fast and I can vacum the corpse without too much drama. But last week, I saw the biggest roach I've ever seen. It was, and this is no exageration, the size of a cigarette lighter. You know the fancy one's you get monogramed and give as gifts. Huge, nasty, and wrong on every level. And here's the kicker. The stupid fat cat that was sleeping on the cat post slept right through it as the thing scuttled right past her perch on the wall. If it had wanted to, it could have touched her with its antenna. I don't know how she didn't hear it, I was across the room from her and I heard it walking. Unfortunatley I didn't have my Death Spray right next to me so, I freaked out a little and lost sight of it running under the entertainment center. Fortunatley, the cat woke up during my freak out and found the nasty thing. So, several shots of Death Spray, it had slowed down enough for both cats to play with it for a few minutes. Torture its last few minutes of life. hehehe. So after I swept it up and dumped it in the toilet, I started bawling. Yep, thats right, bawling. I told hubby I wanted to go back to Armpit, ID. That I'd rather have hobo spiders than these things. It was awful. Every time we bring a box from storage into the house, we have a few roaches. Never that big before, but still. I'm not bringing anything else back for a while.

Now I just need to find a job. I hate the job hunt. I feel like a worm on the end of a hook dangling over a pond of fish that aren't hungry. I'm about to the point that I just go to a Taco Bell or something and get a part time job there till I can find something better. Crapy work that pays is better than no work which doesn't pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment