Monday, June 6, 2011

Quote I Butcher

About two weeks ago, the lesson in Relief Society was about raising our children. I will admit, I didn't really pay too much attention to the teacher, (Sorry), but a few points did really stick out to me. The difference between "Be" and "Do". And more importantly, this quote about how challenging children are challenging to help teach us as parents to become more Christlike. Something to that effect. Bug has been very difficult for me since I started staying home full time. Even hubby has noticed the difference in how he acts to me and to him. It has been very very frustrating and, in all honesty, it hurts my feelings. (Lame, I know, but it does.) I have been trying to take Dr. Laura's advise from her book "In Praise of Stay At Home Moms". To just enjoy the time with my children. Look at each day as a precious gift with your children. Something like that. It has made a difference, my having a better attitude. There are definitely difficult times. And I just don't know what to do with Bug's seeming hatred of me. I just keep trying to be consistent, and not give in when it gets really difficult. I refuse to raise a narcissistic brat, and I want him to be a happy and kind person who can deal with life's ups and downs without falling apart. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment